Blogs & Sites We Like
Ashoka’s Change Insight Blog
Blog from Ashoka, a global network of fellows, business entrepreneurs, policy makers, investors, academics, and journalists.
A web-based magazine written by and for people who work and volunteer in community nonprofits.
Change.org serves as the central platform informing and empowering movements for social change around the most important issues of our time.
Echoing Green’s Spark*Blog
Echoing Green’s Spark * Blog documents news, trends, and the true life of social entrepreneurs.
Mission Based Management
A blog authored by a nonprofit consultant on topics of nonprofit management, funding, fund-raising, technology, and policy.
Nonprofit Blog Exchange
A great collection of blogs written by nonprofit staff at a variety of organizations.
A blog addressing issues related to diversity and next generation leadership in the nonprofit sector.
Social Edge is the global online community where social entrepreneurs and other practitioners of the social benefit sector connect to network, learn, inspire and share resources.
Stanford Social Innovation Review (SSIR)
Stanford Social Innovation Review is the premier magazine for executives at nonprofits, foundations and socially responsible businesses.
Foundations & Venture Philanthropists
The Be Bold initiative reaches out to the next generation of world-changers and equips them with the inspiration and qualities needed for developing meaningful careers that deliver the change they seek.
Encore: Finding Work That Matters in the Second Half of Life
Encore describes the competing visions for work of baby boomers who are not content, or affluent enough, to spend their next twenty or thirty years on the golf course.
Forces for Good
This landmark book reveals the six powerful practices of twelve high-impact nonprofits and tells their compelling stories.
How to Change the World: Social Entrepreneurs and the Power of New Ideas
How to Change the World profiles people from around the world who have found innovative solutions to a wide variety of social and economic problems.
Professional Associations for Mission-Driven Talent
Readings on Human Capital
- “Employment in the Nonprofit Sector,” by Independent Sector
- “How to Compete in the War for Talent,” by Carol Hacker
- “The Leadership Deficit” by Thomas Tierney, Bridgestar (published in the Stanford Social Innovation Review)
- “The Next Generation of Nonprofit Sector Leadership” by Shelly Cryer, The Initiative for Nonprofit Sector Careers
- “Recent Trends in Nonprofit Employment and Earnings,” by John S. Irons and Gary Bass, OMB Watch
- “The Talent Edge,” by David Cohen
- African American Nonprofit Network
- Asian Americans/Pacific Islanders in Philanthropy
- Association of Black Foundation Executives (ABFE)
- Diversity Inc
- Diversity World
- Ethnic Majority
- Multicultural Advantage
- Hispanics in Philanthropy
- National Urban League
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Sisters in Development