Director of Business Development, Change.org
Position: Director of Business Development
Functional Area: Development & Sales
Location: New York or Washington DC
Metro Region: New York or Washington, D.C. o
Change.org is the world’s largest petition platform, empowering people everywhere to create the change they want to see.
There are more than 50 million Change.org users in 196 countries, starting 500-1000 new petitions each week that generate roughly 400 signatures per minute. Each and every day people use our tools to transform their communities – locally, nationally and globally. Whether it’s a mother fighting bullying in her daughter’s school, customers pressing banks to drop unfair fees, or citizens holding corrupt officials to account, thousands of campaigns started by people like you have won on Change.org – and more are winning every week. It’s now possible for anyone to start a campaign and immediately mobilize hundreds of others locally or hundreds of thousands around the world, making governments and companies more responsive and accountable.
We want to accelerate this dramatic shift – by making it easier to make a difference, and by inspiring everyone to discover what’s possible when they stand up and speak out. We’re working for a world where no one is powerless, and where creating change is a part of everyday life. We’re just getting started, and we hope you’ll join us.
Senior Account Executive position is an extremely important role at Change.org as these team members are the architects behind Change.org’s relationships with nonprofits, community organizations and social movements throughout the country. The Senior Account Executives develop deep relationships with organizations to thoroughly understand their missions and how they’re working to effect change in their communities. Our most successful Senior Account Executives are passionate about the work, have strong sales or business development experience, and have experience or exposure to nonprofits or social change movements.
- Identify and initiate relationships with hundreds of leading nonprofits, community organizations and social movements to help them identify how to best use the Change.org platform to further their missions
- Establish relationships with leading nonprofit consulting, fundraising, and digital marketing firms
- Promote Change.org’s list-building services to groups across the country
- Serve as an external face of the organization, representing Change.org at conferences and networking events while pursuing other creative lead generation activities
- Significant experience and demonstrated success in sales consulting, direct sales, or inside sales
- Exceptional relationship building skill and exposure managing relationships in the nonprofit sector with proven experience generating revenue that directly impacts the bottom line
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with the ability to tailor key messages to the priorities of different audiences
- Enthusiastic commitment to Change.org’s mission
- Ability to think outside the box to find new channels of lead generation
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.